Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Keeping Websites Simple

I've written often about the virtues of minimalist web design. What users want is content, good navigation and speed. Good web designers should know that the objective of a web page is not just to look pretty but to make sure that nothing gets in the way between users and their objective. This is especially important when the website's main objective is to sell something. Vincent Flanders, the author of Web Pages that Suck also advocates keeping web design simple (although I have to admit that he is much more entertaining than I am!) in these two articles: Everything I know about web design I learned in 1964, and Don't confuse web design with sex.

No comments:

SEOBook

The most comprehensive and updated Search Engine Optimization ebook on the planet, by Aaron Wall. This book will teach you everything you need to know about SEO. Updated regularly with the latest search engine trends.

[ Learn More ]